Before using your ioBridge Widgets and the ioApp for iPhone, you need to create an ioBridge user account. This tutorial shows you how to get started with ioBridge.com web services by signing up for a free user account, creating widgets, and setting up ioApp for iPhone. ioApp works with Button, Switch, Value, and State widget types. Note: ioApp only works with ioBridge.com user accounts – ioBridge Pro support will come in a future update.
ioBridge uses the following terms to describe different parts of ioBridge technology:
- Module – devices that support ioBridge technology such as web gateways and monitor and control hardware
- Interface – the web application design to interface with ioBridge-based devices, manage user account information, and setup widgets and actions
- Widgets – items that provide a specific function such as an on/off button, temperature display, or gauge
- Actions – server-side functions such as email alerts and module-to-module communications
- Mobile Apps – native applications designed for mobile devices such as iPhone and Android
The first step is to sign up for a free ioBridge.com User Account. Enter your information into the form and click the Create Account button. Check your email for a confirmation message from ioBridge.
Once you are signed in, select “Create Widget”. This will start the wizard to create a widget. Select, “External Monitor” widget, then “Weather Underground”. Once you have your external temperature widget, customize if for your location.
Step 3 – Install ioApp
ioApp is designed for the iPhone or iPod Touch. ioApp allows you to access your widgets easily from your smart device. Visit the App Store on your device and install, “ioApp”.
Step 4 – Setup ioApp
Sign into ioApp with your ioBridge.com email address and password. Once you are signed into the app, touch, “Widgets” to see a list of widgets from your account. Tap on the check mark icon to display that widget on your dashboard. To rearrange your widgets touch and hold the edge of the widget on the widget list, and slide up or down.